Right now I have too many games to play. Here is a list of what I’m trying to actively work through:
- Apple Arcade games. I’m trying to play them, but I’m so overwhelmed by other games that when I sit down with my Apple TV or my iPhone I’m just thinking I could be playing something else.
- Luigi’s Mansion 3: The game is wonderful in small bite sized chunks, however, I’m trying to beat it and it does take time.
- Tales of Vesperia on the PS4: I am almost to the final boss, but so many other games have came out I have to put it on the backburner.
- Red Dead Redemption 2 for PC: It’s finally on PC and I want to play online with friends, but I’m trying to get through Luigi’s Mansion 2.
- Pokemon Sword & Shield: As of writing this, the new Pokemon is almost out and I feel like I need to get Luigi’s Mansion 3 finished or I will never get back to it before I can play the new Pokemon.
- Star Wars: Jedi Fallen Order: It’s going to be months before I get around to it. At least content updates will be out by then.
- Age of Empires II: Seriously, I feel like it’s going to be an old game again by the time I get to it.
- and so many more.
It’s nice we have choices, but games become less fun when you feel a rush to finish them. There are so many games being released right now that it’s just frustrating to try and chew through everything you want to play while it’s relevant. It’s hard. It’s near impossible when the releases just keep coming. The new Pokemon is releasing literally today with Jedi Fallen Order and I know I’m going to play Pokemon, but I still am not done with Luigi’s Mansion 3 and knowing me I won’t finish it if I abandon it.
So many rereleased games get that treatment from me. I bought FFX and I got about a fourth of the way through before I never returned to it. I bought the Kingdom Hearts complete collection, I beat Kingdom Hearts I and got halfway through Kingdom Hearts II but I won’t probably touch it again for a long time, if ever.
I have a copy of the new re-release of The World Ends With You, one of my favorite games of all time and a requirement of mine before the new KHIII DLC comes, but I haven’t even got the shrink wrap off of it.
I feel like too many big title games are launching at the same time these days and between them and the remastered games, there is just too many games to play. It’s like books, almost, except for me a book is a lot quicker to get through.
Anyway I’m just venting more or less about how overwhelmed I feel in the gaming space right now. How do you feel? Do you feel overwhelmed? Let us know in the comments or on social media.