Dead by Daylight is a 4v1 puzzle / horror / pvp / stealth / many other things game in which a killer fights a group of four survivors in an endless loop. The survivors to win have to activate generators to open the exit or find the escape hatch to win while the killer simply needs to either end the game by killing everyone or at least scoring a single kill for a positive message on the game over screen.
The best killer to play is the one you love playing the most. They all are effective in doing what they do in some way or another, depending on how skilled you are. Wraith has a boring kit and isn’t all that powerful out of the box, but a well skilled Wraith player is going to do extremely well with it due to the stealth and tracking.
You can check out our guide on staying alive in DbD to help understand how the survivors are thinking..
Our rankings are as follows:
- S Tier: Really powerful kit, easy to play and generally considered the most powerful.
- A Tier: Powerful kits, easy to play and will get you merciless victories without a ton of effort.
- B Tier: Less powerful kits, maybe more skill required to play.
- C Tier: The rest of the line up, not notable in anyway killers that you should only play if their kits appeal to you.
As a final reminder, the best killer to play is the one that you enjoy the most, so no matter what a tier list says, the one that gets you the most merciless kills is the one that is best for you.
Killers Tier List
- Nurse: You can hear everyone, you slow everyone and you can see everything. The map is yours plus you can blink.
- Spirit: So much going on here, pallets becoming a non-issue and you can phase walk. It’s like the Wraith but much better.
- Hag: You blind the survivors, slow their progress and have a root. Traps all over the map plus great damage. The Hag is a really great killer right now.
- Trickster: New addition post 5.0+ their kit is a lot now.
- The Twins
- Michael Myers