SMITE is bigger than ever. Wielding one seriously dedicated and talented fan base, parent company Hi-Rez Studios recently launched SMITE into its eighth season. With the SMITE World Championship continuing to dish out massive $1 million prize pools, players are getting more and more hyped with each ensuing tournament. Just to spice things up more, the creative team behind the massive franchise continues to throw in new playable characters for gamers to enjoy. With that in mind, the time has come to take a look at the Game Truth original SMITE season 9 tier list.
Tier List Descriptions
- Tier SS — These characters are brutally overpowered.
- Tier S+ — These gods are top tier, in that they are often first pick choices for their roles.
- Tier S — While somewhat less powerful than S+ tier characters, these gods are still highly suggested.
- Tier A+ — These gods are great, safe picks. While perhaps not the strongest of the bunch, they have each seen some serious playtime within the common meta.
- Tier A — These characters often see use in the modern meta, but are not always optimal picks for their positions. Still, they each have their uses.
- Tier B+ — Each of the characters within the B+ tier are generally powerful. However, they each demand a highly skilled player
tobe used properly.
- Tier B — These characters require a steep level of skill, but also offer fewer payoffs than B+ tier gods.
- Tier C — These characters are not considered viable in competitive play.
- Tier D — Not generally considered viable in competitive play, these gods are often noted as the worst characters to play.
Now that we’ve gotten that out of the way, check out the latest version of the Game Truth season 7 SMITE tier list down below. Feel free to voice your thoughts on the list in the comments. Do note there is no “perfect tier list” except in rare occasions of improper game balance, but we believe you will have the power you need with Tier A and above.
You can find the official patch notes on the official SMITE website.
November 16th update moved Isis down and Jing Wei up. No changes for December, outside of adding Heimdallr to A ranking while he’s being evaluated.
Middle of January 2020 update – PTS results are showing little change will come in season 7.
February Updates: Season 7 is here!! Odin / Yeoja / Kukulkan take top spot. Heimdallr received a nerf, so he moved to S+ (still very powerful). Previous S+ series moved down, still good, but nowhere near the levels of Odin / Yemoja / Kukulkan right now.
Patch 7.1 updates have been added. Thor and Bastet have been bumped up. Heimdallr is probably one of the best champions in the game now. Small changes for 7.1.5. Cthulhu is going to join soon, so we’ve added him to the top based on what we’ve seen so far.
Patch 7.7 is the Avatar skin release. They are just skins, not new avatars. However, expect Susano, Skadi and Merlin to be played a lot and plan accordingly.
7.10 Tsukuyomi is now in SS.
8.0 lots of changes new additions to SS
Updated all the way up to 8.11
Updated 10/23/2021 – Getting ready for season 9!!
November: Season 9 will see an almost complete rework of the tier list. We should be seeing Season 9 drop soon. With the last I believe championship over, I’d suggest playing whatever you want to play right now because Season 9 will see major buffs to many characters in the lower tiers. Get some practice in now!
Season 9 Tier List Now Available. We’ve updated our tier list a few days before the new season, because in general most of the same gods work in the same slots. Shiva will start the season as SS tier. We’ve added all the heroes including Lancelot to the tier list as well.
We’ve done a mid-season revamp (November / December 2022) of the list, moving a few heroes with older kits down and rebalancing for some new considerations. Kukulkan, Cthulhu and Tsukuyomi still hold out as top picks. Maui, as a new hero, we’re holding in the SS tier until his kit is balanced..
- King Arthur
- Yu Huang
- Ah Puch
- Ao Kuang
- Jing Wei
- Baron Samedi
- Cu Chulainn
- Da Ji
- Baba Yaga
- Erlang Shen
- Hou Yi
- Ne Zha
- Zhong Kui
- Mogan Le Fay
- He Bo
- Hun Batz
- Sun Wukong
- The Morrigan
- Guan Yu
- Nu Wa
- Xing Tian
- Ah Muzen Cab
- Luckily for players, none of the characters made it into D tier this season.
Previously maintained by Hunter Boyce