SMITE is bigger than ever. Wielding one seriously dedicated and talented fan base, parent company Hi-Rez Studios recently launched SMITE into its eighth season. With the SMITE World Championship continuing to dish out massive $1 million prize pools, players are getting more and more hyped with each ensuing tournament. Just to spice things up more, the creative team behind the massive franchise continues to throw in new playable characters for gamers to enjoy. With that in mind, the time has come to take a look at the Gaming Tier List (formally Game Truth) original SMITE season 10 / year 10 tier list.
This tier list covers season 10 up to approximately patch 10.4. Our SMITE Tier List can be dynamically updated to rapidly move heroes during swift meta changes. You’ll find not only our tier list, but a change log of recent hero moves as well below.
Tier List Descriptions
- Tier SS — These characters are brutally overpowered.
- Tier S+ — These gods are top tier, in that they are often first pick choices for their roles.
- Tier S — While somewhat less powerful than S+ tier characters, these gods are still highly suggested.
- Tier A+ — These gods are great, safe picks. While perhaps not the strongest of the bunch, they have each seen some serious playtime within the common meta.
- Tier A — These characters often see use in the modern meta, but are not always optimal picks for their positions. Still, they each have their uses.
- Tier B+ — Each of the characters within the B+ tier are generally powerful. However, they each demand a highly skilled player
tobe used properly.
- Tier B — These characters require a steep level of skill, but also offer fewer payoffs than B+ tier gods.
- Tier C — These characters are not considered viable in competitive play.
- Tier D — Not generally considered viable in competitive play, these gods are often noted as the worst characters to play.
Now that we’ve gotten that out of the way, check out the latest version of the Gaming Tier List season 10 SMITE tier list down below. Feel free to voice your thoughts on the list in the comments. Do note there is no “perfect tier list” except in rare occasions of improper game balance, but we believe you will have the power you need with Tier A and above.
You can find the official patch notes on the official SMITE website.
SMITE Tier List
- Guan Yu
- Ix Chel
- Baba Yaga
- Baron Samedi
- Cu Chulainn
- King Arthur
- Sun Wukong
- The Morrigan
- Ah Muzen Cab
- Da Ji
- Hou Yi
- Hun Batz
- Zhong Kui
- Ah Puch
- Jing Wei
- Xing Tian
Tier List Changelog
|God||Previous Rank||Current Rank||Date of Change|
|Sol||C||D||May 9, 2023|
|Amaterasu||B+||A||May 9, 2023|
|Cliodhna||A||B+||May 4, 2023|
|Zeus||B||SS||May 1, 2023|
|Nu Wa||B||SS||May 1, 2023|
Our tier list is dynamic and designed to respond to rapid changes in the meta. Every time a god is moved, the above changelog will reflect the ranking change and date. Each God that has a guide available is also linked below for more tactics on laning, role and how to play.
Tier List Updates
In January, February and March of 2023 we did Season / Year 10 Updates, including Surtr. We’ve revamped the entire tier list in April / May 2023 with a complete overhaul. The Tier List is now built on a database with a new interface so that we can rapidly move heroes up and down on the tier list as the meta changes. Not only did we preload our new tool with the latest tier list updates for rock solid competitive play but we’ve added a new feature: the changelog.
Our tier list now notes below which Gods have moved up and down in our rankings. We’re keeping all the historical data to maybe create some interesting analysis of how our tier list has evolved. We’re excited for this new technology and hope you love our new up-to-date every single day tier list.
We’ve done some analysis of the win/loss of ranked conquest and have moved a few heroes to SS due to their overwhelming win rates.
God Guides: Be sure to click into any God to find out more information on the God themselves along with our full guide on laning, top strats and more. All of our Gods below that have an available guide are linked with our guides coming from some regular conquest players providing feedback and when available arena / joust tips.
Previously maintained by Hunter Boyce.
Previous Tier List Update Log
As of April 30, 2023 we will now have most of the hero moves in our changelog. Here’s a list of updates in the past we’ve made to look back on them over time.
- November 16th 2019: Update moved Isis down and Jing Wei up. No changes for December, outside of adding Heimdallr to A ranking while he’s being evaluated.
- Middle of January 2020 update – PTS results are showing little change will come in season 7.
- February 2020 Updates: Season 7 is here!! Odin / Yeoja / Kukulkan take top spot. Heimdallr received a nerf, so he moved to S+ (still very powerful). Previous S+ series moved down, still good, but nowhere near the levels of Odin / Yemoja / Kukulkan right now.
- Patch 7.1 updates have been added. Thor and Bastet have been bumped up. Heimdallr is probably one of the best champions in the game now. Small changes for 7.1.5. Cthulhu is going to join soon, so we’ve added him to the top based on what we’ve seen so far.
- Patch 7.7 is the Avatar skin release. They are just skins, not new avatars. However, expect Susano, Skadi and Merlin to be played a lot and plan accordingly.
- 7.10 Tsukuyomi is now in SS.
- 8.0 lots of changes new additions to SS
- Updated all the way up to 8.11
- Updated 10/23/2021 – Getting ready for season 9!!
- November: Season 9 will see an almost complete rework of the tier list. We should be seeing Season 9 drop soon. With the last I believe championship over, I’d suggest playing whatever you want to play right now because Season 9 will see major buffs to many characters in the lower tiers. Get some practice in now!
- Season 9 Tier List Now Available. We’ve updated our tier list a few days before the new season, because in general most of the same gods work in the same slots. Shiva will start the season as SS tier. We’ve added all the heroes including Lancelot to the tier list as well.
- We’ve done a mid-season revamp (November / December 2022) of the list, moving a few heroes with older kits down and rebalancing for some new considerations. Kukulkan, Cthulhu and Tsukuyomi still hold out as top picks. Maui, as a new hero, we’re holding in the SS tier until his kit is balanced.